Students in Closed Programs and their Parents sign contracts pledging their understanding of and commitment to their program’s policies and the following obligations.
It is every Closed program student’s responsibility to set the standard for excellence in participation in, and preparation for, all Caulfield School of Dance classes, rehearsal, and events regardless of the actions of others (i.e. some courses in Closed program students’ schedules will include students who are not in a Closed program who may therefore hold themselves to a lower standard of participation).
a) Members also pledge to:
- maintain scholastic achievement appropriate to their potential.
- learn from another student and master all new information given at any missed class/rehearsal prior to the next class/rehearsal.
- practice at home a minimum of 4 hours each week and stretch every day to increase flexibility.
- say “No” to parties, trips, etc. that conflict with Closed program participation, understanding that the “three absences maximum” attendance policy is strictly enforced because absences cause difficulty not only for the absent student, but most especially for those who are trying to master patterns, partnering, and lines with someone missing.
2. Dress Code
a) Hair: All hair must be neat and completely off the face and neck and above the eyebrows for all classes and rehearsals. Longer hair must be in a bun for all classes and rehearsals.
b) Attire: Beyond the attire required for R.A.D. courses, any other attire items will be all black and completely formfitting and unrestrictive of movement. Exception: “neutral” (please see your Guidebook for definition) colour and plain sweatpants and a looser T‐shirt will be allowed for Hip Hop rehearsals only. Also required:
- Knee Pads: Knee pads (ideally thin) must always be on hand and.
- Shoes: Members must always have all dance shoes on hand including clean indoor use only runners for Hip Hop.
Closed program students will set the standard for excellence in behavior not only in, but also outside of Caulfield School of Dance courses regardless of the actions of others. This standard of citizenship includes qualities such as neatness, caring, and acting respectfully towards all others in the School community.
a) Any behaviour that is not supportive of the Company, and Caulfield School of Dance at large, will lead to termination of membership and membership subsidization. Such behaviour includes but is not limited to:
- being unsupportive of other students through unkind words or gestures by any means of communication, or by failing to act inclusively and with kindness.
- being ill prepared for rehearsal due to lack of practicing or any other reason (i.e. improper attire).
b) Closed program students usually eat at least one snack/meal at the School each week and must be willing and able to clean up after themselves including mastering the technology of:
- the wash cloth, for surfaces including the interior of the microwave oven and
- the electric carpet sweeper, stored beside the fridge
to leave no trace of eating.
Students will also return furniture to its proper location.
a) Parents pledge to:
- check the email address they have given to the School daily and respond without delay to those requesting action/response.
- attend the up to seven meetings that will be held for parents.
- monitor their child’s Performing Arts Training Journal (a three hole paper type so we can add pages) in order to help the student organize for all rehearsals, classes, and performances.
- inform the Director, Cori Caulfield, immediately to terminate Closed program participation should it become clear that the students or Parent are unable to meet any of the conditions of membership.
- provide a minimum of 10 hours of adult volunteer time per Closed program student to be accomplished prior to Ticket Sales Day.
- Record volunteer activities in the logbook in the School office
- pay $30 per unfulfilled volunteer hour.
b) Parents also pledge to ensure that their child:
- understands the program’s policies.
- is punctual and prepared for all scheduled events, including those not held at the Caulfield School of Dance facility.
- is stretching to improve flexibility at least six days per week and accomplishes a minimum of 4 hours per week of home practice (ideally more – especially during holidays!).
Contract Submission Deadline: no later than 12pm on Monday, July 31.* Payment of Annual Membership Fee, Costume Deposit, Summer Intensive* deposits, etc. as outlined on the attached schedule is due with the contracts.
You may be registering for more summer classes and/or Intensive weeks than billed on the attached schedule.
Please ensure you have preregistered online and paid in advance of the commencement of any summer programs including all Summer Intensive Weeks.
Summer Intensives: up to 4 weeks in July and August.
Company/Division Workshop: 5:30 – 7:30pm, Tuesday to Thursday, September 3 to 5, 2019.
Parent Meeting: t.b.a